tecla-e is the newest version of tecla. The cloud-connected assistive device provides users with control of their smart-devices and environment.
tecla-e is for anyone who cannot easily use a smartphone, tablet computer or household technology independently. This includes those with limited upper-body mobility resulting from spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, ALS, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, brain injuries, or stroke.
Whether you want to send and receive emails or text messages, browse the web, watch videos, launch and use your favourite apps, read a book, change the TV channel, adjust the room's temperature or make a phone call -- tecla-e provides you with hands-free access to do it.
Multiple Device Control
tecla-e can connect with and control up to eight devices
tecla-e has a light touch button built-in for those with moderate mobility
Companion apps to set up and control your devices
Long Lasting Battery
Battery lasts 48 hours with continuous use
Family and caregivers can monitor a user via tecla-e
Sensors track location, temperature, and activity
- Simple remote interface for those unfamiliar with technology or with cognitive issues
- Simple access and control of internet-enabled appliances (lights, doors, TV) via IFTTT
- Upgradable firmware
- Compatibility with industry standard switches and wheelchair outputs
- Companion apps for iOS and Android (for set-up, on-screen remote and device monitoring)
tecla-e connects with Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, tablets, and computers as well as smart home devices. Caregivers and family members can even monitor the user with sensors built into tecla-e which record and track room temperature, movement and location.
tecla-e users can control their phone, tablet or computer with assistive devices such as:
- adaptive switches (light touch buttons, sip-and-puff or blinking switches, etc)
- driving controls of power wheelchairs (via an Environmental Control Unit or Input Output Module)
tecla-e is compatible with:
- iOS devices with Switch Control (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch)
- Android devices with Switch Access
- Samsung devices with Universal Switch
Ready to get tecla but can't decide which? See below for a detailed comparison of our two latest versions, the Tecla Shield and tecla‑e!
|Take control of your devices|
|Smartphones and tablets (iOS & Android)||✔||✔|
|Smart Home Appliances||✔|
|Number of devices you can control without help||One (1)||Up to eight (8)|
|Use the controller that fits your needs|
|External ability switch (single or dual)||✔||✔|
|Wheelchair controls via auxiliary drive mode||✔||✔|
|Built-in light-touch switch||✔|
|Wireless head array||✔|
|Give peace of mind to your loved ones|