Tecla Shield was released in 2013 and is the predecessor to tecla-e.
The Tecla Shield gives those with limited upper body mobility (due to disability or disease) access to their touchscreen devices. Tecla makes it possible to use iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, as well as computers. All are accessible via assistive buttons, switches or wheelchair driving controls*.
- Works with the iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone or Android (we recommend the Nexus or Pixel devices or Samsung devices with the Universal Switch accessibility feature)
- 6 modes available, including 4-way joystick navigation
- Customizable experience for Android 5 and earlier devices using the Tecla App for Android
- Integrated speed and mode configuration buttons
- Use up to 6 switches or your wheelchair driving controls
- Connect to your device via Bluetooth without a PIN pairing code
- Automatically connect to your last paired device
- 18 meter connectivity range
- Built-in, rechargeable battery which lasts over 90 hours with continuous use
- Size (L x W x H): 84 x 82 x 36 mm [3.5 x 3.25 x 1.5'"]
- Weight: 200g
- Integrated 5000 mAh rechargeable battery
- Radio Type: Bluetooth Class 2
- Radio Protocol: Serial Port Profile and Human Interface Device
- Switch Port 1: 3.5mm stereo socket
- Switch Port 2: 3.5mm stereo socket
- Wheelchair Port: D-Sub 9-pin male connector
- Power Port 1: 2.1mm center-positive barrel socket (9–24V)
- Power Port 2: USB micro B socket (5V)
N.B. In-stock items ship within 2-3 business days from our warehouse. Time items take to reach their destination is dependant on the selected shipping method.