Getting Started with Tecla Shield
1. Watch this video to learn:
- How the Tecla Shield works
- Where to connect your switches
- How to connect your Tecla to your wheelchair
- How to change the mode of your Tecla
2. Next, watch this video to learn how to set up your iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) with Tecla.
Switch Control mode is the default mode of the Tecla Shield. If you're not using an iOS device that's running iOS 7 or up, then watch this video to learn which mode is best for your needs.
Follow these links to learn more about the other modes in IOS devices:
For Android compatibility and set-up instructions click here
3. For any further questions or help related to setting up your Tecla experience, there are a few options.
Check out the Support page where we regularly update it with frequently asked questions. You might find your answer there!
If not, feel free to get in touch with us anytime. You can:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat with us in real-time or leave a message for us directly from GetTecla.com (look for the blue box in the bottom right corner of the page)
- Or schedule a call here. Simply choose a time that works for you, fill in a few questions to let us know what we can help you with, and we'll call you at that scheduled time.
If urgent help is needed, you can call us at 1-(888)-429-8033.
For even more information on Switch Control, watch this video by Tecla user Christopher Hills and check out his iBook on mastering Switch Control in iOS here.