Each state in the United States and province in Canada offer different publicly or privately funded resources to assist individuals with disabilities to pay for assistive technology and learn more about them. Below is a chart containing state and province-specific resources that could help ease the financial burden of assistive technology, or help you find the right device. This list continues to grow as we learn more about great programs. Leave a comment below if you know of any other great organizations in your area!
For a list of assistive technology demonstrations centres who offer Tecla as a loan device, visit our virtual map!
Funding and Loan Resources in the U.S.
Full or partial funding for assistive technology may also be available through other programs such as Medicaid/Medicare, Veteran’s Administration, Vocational Rehabilitation, Worker’s Compensation, Indian Health Service, a school district, private insurance, and/or a community organization.
All of the U.S.
- Easter Seals Massachusetts
- The Assistive Technology Independent Living Program (AT-IL)
- The Michigan Loan Funds
New York & New Jersey
- Assistive Technology Advocacy Center (ATAC)
- Advancing Opportunities
- Goodwill Home Medical Equipment
- National Disability Institute
- Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF)
- Telecommunication Device Distribution Program (TDDP)
- Pennsylvania Initiative on Assistive Technology
Funding and Loan Resources in Canada
All of Canada
- Ability Gives
- MS Society of Canada
- Living with a Disability
- March of Dimes Canada
- Easter Seals Canada
- The Canadian Red Cross - Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP)
- Assistive Technology British Columbia
- B.C Social Development - Medical Equipment and Devices
- CAYA-Communication Assistance for Youth & Adults
Newfoundland and Labrador
Prince Edward Island
- Saskatchewan Aids to Independent Living (SAIL)
- Saskatchewan Abilities Council - Special Needs Equipment