tecla-e™ (Evaluation Unit)
tecla-e is an assistive device that gives people with upper body mobility impairments the ability to fully access smart devices and mainstream technology.
Users can control multiple devices to send and receive emails and text messages, browse the web, watch videos, launch and use apps, read books, turn on their TV, control their thermostat, turn the lights on or off, make (or hang up) phone calls, enter commands using Siri, and more - all with ONE tecla-e.
Who is tecla-e for?
tecla-e is for anyone who can’t easily use a smartphone, tablet, or computer. This includes those with limited upper-body mobility resulting from spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, ALS, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, brain injuries, or stroke.
How does it work?tecla-e connects to ability switches or wheelchair driving controls and allows individuals to interact with their smartphones, tablets, computers and Internet-enabled appliances hands-free. This includes iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android smartphones and tablets, Mac and Windows computers, Apple TV.
It works with all adaptive switches on the market including buttons, sip-and-puff controllers, head arrays, joysticks and the driving controls of a wheelchair.* tecla-e is sleek and inconspicuous when safely mounted on a powered wheelchair with the tecla-e Wheelchair Mount.
How does tecla-e help users?tecla-e is wireless and Bluetooth-enabled to allow users to operate their smart devices anywhere -- even in bed. Users can interact with and switch between up to 8 devices by activating a switch without the help of a caregiver. Unlike other assistive devices, tecla-e moves with users, providing an elevated level of independence at a reasonable price.
- Multiple Device Control: compatible with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices: iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone or Android (we recommend the Nexus or Pixel devices or Samsung devices with the Universal Switch accessibility feature), Mac Computers, Apple TV and Windows Computers (compatible scanning software required)
- Built-in Light Touch Button Switch: the entire device is a button
- Internet-enabled Appliance Control: control smart home devices compatible with Logitech's Harmony Hub or IFTTT
- Remote Monitoring: Users can share their location, activity, and conditions around them (temperature, light) with family and caregivers via the Tecla app for iOS and Android**
- App-Enabled: Configure your device from the Tecla app for iOS and Android, use the app as a remote control and remotely monitor a tecla-e device
- Built-in, rechargeable battery which lasts over 48 hours with continuous use
- Compatible with standard ability switches and wheelchairs driving controls
- Upgradable firmware
- Size (L x W x H): 98 x 98 x 40 mm
- Weight: 230g
- Integrated 4600 mAh rechargeable battery
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Wi-Fi Radio
- 3G Radio
- Sensors: GPS, Temperature, Motion, Light
- Switch Port 1: 3.5mm stereo socket
- Switch Port 2: 3.5mm stereo socket
- Wheelchair Port: D-Sub 9-pin male connector
- Power Port : USB-C
*For wheelchair access, the chair must be equipped with an Environmental Control Unit (ECU) or input/Output Module (IOM), or use compatible wireless driving control from ASL. Click here to learn more.
**Remote monitoring only available in North America
n.b. In-stock items ship out within 2-3 business days from our warehouse. The time items take to reach their destination is dependent on the selected shipping method.